Monday, August 3, 2009

Saving the Best for Last

Sorry it has been a while. I have been busy writing thank you notes, organizing all the baby stuff, and getting ready to return to work. I wanted to post pictures of my last shower and have finally uploaded the pictures!



Saturday the 25th I had my last shower up in Dayton with my mom's side of the family. It was absolutely wonderful. Cindy, Amy, and Lindsay outdid themselves. Luckily, Larry and I were still going rounds about how to decorate the babies room, because I received some family heirlooms that will definitely be put to good use.






Alana gave me this baby quilt made by my great grandmother. We are going to hang it over the crib .


My aunt Norma gave me six of these wooden puzzles that my great grandfather made out of the old linen children's books. They are amazing. I have framed them and will be putting them up in the nursery when we get to that point.




Alana also gave me a Halloween costume that my mother made for her son Griffin. I also have a picture of me wearing it. Guess what Baby Stephens will be wearing for Halloween in 2010.




Alana also gave me an amazing felt book that shows a whole barn yard scene when unfolded. It is hand made. My mother made it for Griffin when he was young. It is in perfect condition. I have not found a frame for the book yet, but it will definitely be going up, out of reach, in the nursery. I never knew my mother was so crafty.

I absolutely cherish everything I received, but the things my mom made really got to me. It has been very hard going through this without her. She would be absolutely beside herself by now waiting on her first grandchild. All the wonderful gifts really did make me feel like Mom had left something for her granddaughter without even knowing it.

I will be posting all the shower pictures on our kodak website. Feel free to take a look. The password is brutus.









No comments:

Post a Comment