Friday, January 8, 2010

4 Months

As Keaton turned 3 months, I wondered what would be the diffeence between having a newborn and having a baby. I thought there would be a defined moment when I realized she was no longer a baby. As I look back over the past month, it has happened gradually, but it is fair to say Keaton is no longer a newborn. In the past month, she has started to grab toys, put toys in her mouth, find her pacifier and get that into her mouth, and roll over. The rolling over is at a little bit of a stall right now, but I am sure I will have more updates. She rolled over both ways for two days and then suddenly stopped. She knows how to roll from her back to her stomach with no problem, but she is flatly refusing to do so. When she is on her tummy now, she gets very frustrated quickly. I think she is scared to do that little push she needs to get from her stomach to her back.

This first picture is of Keaton in her new high chair with her new friend Sophie. The highchair has made life at dinner time significantly easier. She is very content now to sit at the table, play with her toys and talk to us while we are eating. Sophie is her most preferred toy to chew on as you can see in this picture.



This next photo just shows her playing with her toys in her play gym.



A bib has become a necessity to keep her from drenching her clothes with spit. She is constantly blowing bubbles and drooling these days. Her bibs also serve as an excellent chew toy.


Finaly, this is a picture of a cardinal in the backyard during her first snow storm.



This video is Keaton in her new favorite toy-her jumperoo. She loves this thing. We refer to her jumping up and down as Riverdance. Watch her feet and you will see what we mean. I have no idea how to get the video to rotate. If someone knows how to do that on the blog, will you please send me an email. I will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment