Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween Festivities

It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Halloween was a great taste of the fun things that are to come. Keaton thoroughly enjoyed all the activities and it was great to watch her see so many things for the first time.

We started off carving pumpkins. Here is a picture of her first handful of a pumpkin's insides. I love to watch her expressions these days. I think she has inherited my gift of having all of her emotions displayed on her face.

And of course she did her best to "help" with the cleaning and carving. I was actually very impressed with how well she did. We were at this for at least an hour and she stayed right with us. It was a lot of fun.



Notice my phone in her hands. She has become very good at managing to get a hold of it and walks around with it up to her ear now.


Larry outdid himself with this one. It was very impressive. Definitely better than anything I could have managed.


To enjoy one of the last warm days we decided to take a walk at Spring Grove. I know it may seem weird to some to go for a walk at a cemetery, but it is absolutely beautiful in the spring and fall.



Here we are watching the swans and ducks at one of the lakes-notice her little pony tail!


This is one of Keaton's first television watching experiences. We watched Charlie Brown. She watched for about five minutes and was then off playing.
Halloween night Amy and Cindy came down to pass out candy and see Keaton trick or treat. I am attaching her wings which she was not so fond of.



She thought it was great to have everyone come and visit our house.


Notice the increasing layers being added to her in the pictures. The temperature steadily dropped throughout trick or treating and her little lady bug dress definitely was not warm enough.




It has been a great fall, but it has gone by fast. Keaton has been amazed by all of the decorations and activities. She makes this face of wonder and amazement when she sees new things. I cannot wait until Christmas. I feel like a little kid all over again. Seeing her face light up has to be the best part of living. There will be so much to see and do for Christmas and I know we will get to see it from her point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment