I'm not sure who was more excited about Keaton's second birthday, but the excitement was definitely worth while. It could not have been more wonderful. We woke up on Friday morning to friends, family, good food and fun with gifts.
And the inevitable two year old attitude. . .
We timed it just right and Dad and Lori watched Keaton receive the balance bike they had bought for her. She loved it! Everyone took turns pushing her around the house.
Then we all went outside to try her new bubbles container that doesn't spill. Finally bubbles have become enjoyable again.
Saturday came her party. We decorated up the house and thanks to the help of Jeff, Scott and Amy had everything done well before the party. I had worried about the weather because it looked like we were going to have thunderstorms during her party. You can see that the sky was blue in Northside. As everyone came to the party, we were told it was raining all around us, but we had perfect weather.
The petting zoo was a bit late, but it gave everyone time to hang out for a bit. Here is Keaton making the lunge when she saw the animals roaming our backyard.
The bunny was the softest thing you have ever felt, but it was shedding like crazy. There are still pieces of bunny fur in the grass in the back yard. When the cats made it outside after the party, they spent about an hour walking around and sniffing everything.
Hey, Keaton, there is a duck on your head.
I had to include this!
This should be an ad for Sunrock Farm.
Goats and leashes do not go together. Goats pay no attention to leashes. Which lead to Keaton spending most of her time yelling "Goat come on!" It was hysterical. I have some video from my phone I will upload later.
This is the sweetest picture of some of the girls with the bunny.
As we talked to Keaton about her birthday she kept on singing the birthday song. She was so excited when everyone began to sing.
Skirtz and Johnston at Findlay Market outdid themselves on her cake this year. It was beautiful.
She was pretty spent by the time we got to unwrapping presents, but she did a good job of sticking with it.
Aunt Layni made her the most gorgeous ornament out of an antique Little Golden Book. It will be a wonderful memory to have for the tree.
We are so blessed to have such an amazing little girl in our lives and such wonderful family and friends. We couldn't have imagined a more perfect birthday-I didn't even have to clean up. I came down from putting Keaton to bed to find that Amy and Larry had done all of the clean up!
Keaton's uncle Perry asked what we were going to do to top this birthday next year. He wanted to know if we would have giraffes in the backyard! I don't know that there will ever be any topping this birthday. It was too perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment