We started off the week before Christmas with my family Christmas in Dayton. Keaton had a fantastic time with all the kids and toys to play with. She literally talked about it for days. Here she is with the kids Kris Kringle. It is so wonderful watching her enjoy these traditions that I remember from my childhood.
Somehow, every year there is a picture of Perry modeling some type of clothing. Here he is with his newest pair of pants.
As I post this, I realize that a week ago tonight was Christmas eve. I am not sure where the time has gone but I wish we could do it all over again. This was by far the best Christmas I can remember. It was super low key as far as the work to prepare was concerned. I truly felt I had time to visit with family members and enjoy the day.
This will be my favorite picture of Keaton for a long time. She was beside herself when she spied the tree and could not wait to get to it.
Opening presents with a two year old was fun but took quite a while. She would open something and then play. We actually stopped half way through to eat breakfast. We hung out all morning, played and opened gifts. It could not have been better.
Her new camera has been her favorite by far. It is an actual digital camera. She hasn't really got the hang of taking pictures but she is happy enough to say cheese and click away.
Here she is playing with her new train set with Dad.
Pic one of everyone hanging out.
And more hanging out. . .Keaton adores Maddie right now. There was this really sweet moment on Christmas eve up in Maddie's room. Maddie was laying on the floor and Keaton scooted as close to her as she could to look-holding her feet, hands, and body all in the exact same way and staring at Maddie with adoration. I can remember Lindsay doing the same thing to me years and years ago.
And the final hanging out pic right before Keaton went to sleep. Notice Larry still in his pajama pants. That is what makes a great Christmas. Very little work, lots of family, and jammies all day long!
The picture of her with her doll running to the tree is super sweet.
ReplyDelete