Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Berkeley Springs

Hello all,

Sorry I have been quiet here for the past two weeks. Larry and I left Saturday the 6th for Berkeley Springs and stayed through the 11th. We met Dad and Lori at her brother Cliff's cabin. The cabin is as close as I get to roughing it-dishwasher, hot shower, and bathrooms really near by. It was great to get away, relax, and spend some time with Dad, Lori and Cliff. I spent a lot of time reading and watching Six Feet Under with Lori. Larry spent a lot of time on his computer and just hanging out.






Larry found this foxglove growing in the wild on Cliff's property. It was just growing on a hillside all by itself. It was beautiful. It didn't look like someone would have planted it there on purpose, but it looks like really close to the cultivated foxglove you would buy for your garden.





Larry thought this picture was hysterical. I offered to hold his beer while he got the picture of the foxglove. He quickly snapped a picture to make it look like I was drinking-I wish. I thought it was pretty nice of me to hold it for him. You see what I get when I am nice to him.


We were lucky enough to have it rain briefly in the afternoon for two days. It was awesome. All the mist rises up out of the mountains and looks gorgeous.








I will post our pictures of Chicago later on this week.









































1 comment:

  1. Wow...love the mist in the valley photos! We will definitely have to plan a trip down there with ya'll!!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete